Sample Instaview template for use with Google Analytics that can be easily added to your installation. It demonstrates how to integrate data from internal marketing sources with Google Analytics web traffic data.
In order to follow along with this how-to guide you will need a desktop installation of Pentaho Data Integration with Instaview.
You must have a Google Analytics account and API key in order to access your website data. If you are new to Google Analytics, there is more information here.
If you have signed up and already have an API key but don't remember what it is, go here and select "API Access". You will need to be signed into your Google account.
You will also need the sample Market Spend spreadsheet available here. Save it to your instaview template Samples/data folder. Navigate to the install directory where Pentaho Data Integration (Instaview) is installed. From there, navigate to:
Now that there is data in the right place, all you need to do is drop the Template into the correct folder.
- Get the Template: Click here to download the Template and save it to your Instaview template Samples folder. Navigate to the install directory where Pentaho Data Integration is installed. From there, navigate to:
- Get the Icon: Click here to download the Icon and save in the same folder as the template from the previous step.
- Switch to Instaview: Start up Pentaho Data Integration (you do not need to restart) and select the "Instaview" perspective.
- From the Instaview Welcome Screen:
- Click: "Create New"
- Click: "Samples"
- Select: "Google Analytics MrkSpend"
- A dialog box will appear. Enter your connection details for Google Analytics and a date range as shown in the image.
Click to enlarge image.
- Enter a Google email, password and API key tied to your Google Analytics account as described above.
- Press the "Get Profiles" button to fill the drop down list with your web site information
- Select the website to profile from the "Get tableId from profile" dropdown
- Enter a start and end date
- You should use the "Preview" button on the bottom of the dialog to ensure your selections are correct.
- Press "OK" when done