The following books are about Pentaho software or have chapters dedicated to Pentaho. For more details, click on the titles below. Authors, feel free to edit these pages for content. Readers, please provide reviews in the form of comments. If there are any books that should be added, please email dmoran at pentaho.com.
- Pentaho 5.0 Reporting by Example - Beginner’s Guide — Written in a friendly, example driven Beginner’s Guide format, there are plenty of step-by-step instructions to get you started fast!
- Pentaho na Prática (Portuguese Edition) — Esse livro vai ajudar você a aprender a usar a suite Pentaho para construir soluções de BI. Ele é um livro principalmente técnico, mas você não precisa conhecer BI ou Pentaho para aproveitá-lo. O Pentaho é uma ferramenta fácil de usar e muito poderosa, que pode tornar real seus projetos de BI.
- Pentaho Data Integration 4 Cookbook — This book has step-by-step instructions to solve data manipulation problems using PDI in the form of recipes. It has plenty of well-organized tips, screenshots, tables, and examples to aid quick and easy understanding.
- Data Mining, Third Edition- Practical Machine Learning Tools and Techniques — Explains how data mining algorithms work. Helps you select appropriate approaches to particular problems and to compare and evaluate the results of different techniques. Covers performance improvement techniques, including input preprocessing and combining output from different methods. Shows you how to use the Weka machine learning workbench.
- Data Mining- Practical Machine Learning Tools and Techniques, Second Edition — Explains how data mining algorithms work. Helps you select appropriate approaches to particular problems and to compare and evaluate the results of different techniques. Covers performance improvement techniques, including input preprocessing and combining output from different methods. Shows you how to use the Weka machine learning workbench.
- Pentaho Kettle Solutions- Building Open Source ETL Solutions with Pentaho Data Integration — Complete guide to installing, configuring, and managing Pentaho Kettle. If you're a database administrator or developer, you'll first get up to speed on Kettle basics and how to apply Kettle to create ETL solutions---before progressing to specialized concepts such as clustering, extensibility, and data vault models. Learn how to design and build every phase of an ETL solution.
- Pentaho 3.2 Data Integration- Beginner's Guide — As part of Packt's Beginner's Guide, this book focuses on teaching by example. The book walks you through every aspect of PDI, giving step-by-step instructions in a friendly style, allowing you to learn in front of your computer, playing with the tool.
- Pentaho Reporting 3.5 for Java Developers — This hands-on tutorial, filled with exercises and examples, introduces the reader to a variety of concepts within Pentaho Reporting. With screenshots that show you how reports look at design time as well as how they should look when rendered as PDF, Excel, or HTML, this book also contains complete example source code that you can copy and paste into your environment to get up and running quickly.
- Pentaho Solutions — The book covers all components of the Pentaho BI Suite. Using a complete and comprehensive business case featuring a fictitious online DVD rental company, you'll learn about BI and data warehousing concepts, and how these apply to the Pentaho BI stack. The many detailed how-to's and hands-on examples will get you started building your own Pentaho BI applications in record speed.