|Pre-5.0 Documentation Warning|
This tutorial is for a pre-5.0 version PDI. If you are using PDI 5.0 or later, please use the following tutorial instead: Getting Started with PDI.
Learning a new tool is often a daunting task. However, if you take a little bit of time to go through the information on this page, you should be up and running with Pentaho Data Integration in no time.
These mini flash demos (based on older versions) contain no sound, just text, but are useful as well:
- Create a new transformation - create a step (flash demo, 0'20")
- Create a hop between 2 steps (flash demo, 0'20")
- Create a database connection (flash demo, 0'45")
- Read a CSV file (flash demo, 1 minute 0'20")
- Write to a database table (flash demo, 1'00")
- Name and describe a transformation (flash demo, 0'40")
- Execute a transformation (flash demo, 1'20")
- Debug a transformation (flash demo, 1'00")
We will try to create more micro-demos like this, feel free to suggest topics in the comments.
Here are a few links to get you started:
- The Pentaho Data Integration (Kettle) Tutorial
- Simple Flash demo showing how to load a text file into a database
- The Spoon user documentation
- An index to the documentation of the Pentaho Data Integration Steps
- An index to the documentation of the Pentaho Data Integration Job Entries
- Install Pentaho Data Integration (a.k.a. Kettle) in Ubuntu
Feel free to suggest more links for this area.