Creating a Prototype Schema With a PDI Data Source
- Start Spoon and connect to your repository, if you are using one.
- Open the transformation that produces the data source you want to create a OLAP schema for.
- Right-click your output step, then select Model from the context menu.
- Drag items from the Data pane on the left and drop them into either the Measures or Dimensions groups in the Model pane in the center. The Measures and Dimensions groups will expand to include the items you drag into them.
- Select each new measure and dimension item, and modify its details accordingly in the Properties pane on the right.
- Save your model through the File menu, or publish it to the BA Server using the Publish icon above the Model pane.
You now have a basic OLAP schema. You should test it yourself before putting it into production. To do this, continue on to Testing With Pentaho Analyzer and Report Wizard.