CDF Portlet integration
Dejan Gambin provided a howto for portlet integration in CDF.
Here are the steps I have done in order to support CDF in portal environment using IFramePorlet (IFrame Portlet allows for a user-defined IFrame URL).
1) I started with downloading IFramePortlet from here:
2) After unpacking, I have done some modifications to IFramePortlet
a) iframe.jsp -
The part of code added is:
- I have modified the "<iframe>" part by adding id and onloada function. Like this:
- I have also removed the part that enables opening the iframe in a new window, I don't need it
- I have modified the defaultURL and set:
private static final String defaultURL = "http://localhost:8080/pentaho/Dashboards"; (you can replace localhost with another URL if needed)
- I have also done some modifications to enable setting height in percentage, but it is not needed for this solution to work
c) portlet.xml - I have modified this file to disable Porlet EDIT mode because I don't need it to be editable. I have just removed the line:
I think that's all. I built IFramePorlet.war using "ant deploy24" and put it in jboss/server/default/deploy folder.
After starting the server, there is IFramePortletInstance, IFrame page and IFramePortletWindow added.
If I missed something, please feel free to ask