Pentaho Community Edition (CE) software is available in three forms: source code that you can build yourself, continuous integration (CI) builds and released builds.
- Released builds are official builds, compiled and assembled by Pentaho CM at a predetermined point in time. Released builds are hosted on SourceForge.net under four different projects: pentaho, mondrian, jfreereport and weka. Released builds are identified as Milestone, Release Candidate or stable.
- CI builds are created every time new code is checked into version control. The dynamic nature of CI builds makes the quality of any specific build unpredictable. The CI server is located at ci.pentaho.com.
- Source code is available from our Subversion (SVN) repository (Perforce for mondrian) and may be freely downloaded. Information about how to get the code can be found here.
- Enterprise Edition (EE) evaluation software may be downloaded from http://www.pentaho.com/download. Pentaho Enterprise Editions extend Pentaho's open source business intelligence (BI) capabilities with additional software and services designed to help you and your organization: achieve BI success; save time resources and money; and mitigate risk.
Where to go from here...
- Need Help - I would like more information about the available downloads and builds
- Get Me Started - Show me the most likely downloads for a beginner grouped by task
- Stable Builds - I want to use or evaluate Pentaho, show me all the stable builds
- Release Candidates - I want a preview of what's next and to help with testing, show me all the RCs
- Milestones - I want to try new features in time to provide feedback to the developers, show me the milestones
- CI Builds - I want to help develop new features and test specific bug fixes
- Source Code - I want to write or debug code
- EE Evaluation - I would like to try the enterprise features and be assisted with my evaluation