builds represent the final stage of development for a Community Edition (CE) release. The term stable refers to a version of software that has been through enough community testing to reasonably assume there are no showstopper problems, or at least that any problems are known and documented. If you are going to put a CE release into production, you will want to use a stable build.
Download pages also available for Milestone Builds and Release Candidates.
Where to go from here...
- Need Help - I would like more information about the available downloads and builds
- Get Me Started - Show me the most likely downloads for a beginner grouped by task
- Stable Builds - I want to use or evaluate Pentaho, show me all the stable builds
- Release Candidates - I want a preview of what's next and to help with testing, show me all the RCs
- Milestones - I want to try new features in time to provide feedback to the developers, show me the milestones
- CI Builds - I want to help develop new features and test specific bug fixes
- Source Code - I want to write or debug code
- EE Evaluation - I would like to try the enterprise features and be assisted with my evaluation