REPTree has been improved to consume less memory. Now has an option to use a Leplace-like correction for probability estimates computed at the leaves.
InputMappedClassifier is a new meta classifier that addresses differences between the structure of data used to train its base classifier and that of incoming data to be classified. It builds a mapping between features and values of nominal features.
The package manager now checks for new packages at the repository. Now allows "unofficial" packages to be directly installed from a URL or file in the GUI.
New packages introduced in 3.7.3:
- WekaExcel - a new package that provides loaders and savers for Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- WekaODF - a new package that provides loaders and savers for spreadsheets in the open document format.
- classAssociationRules - a new package that provides the ability to use association rule learning algorithms as classifiers. Includes an implementation of the CBA algorithm.
- kfPMMLClassifierScoring - a new package that provides a component for the Knowledge Flow for scoring using PMML classifiers.
- multiInstanceLearning - (version 1.0.1) now has an implementation of the quick diverse density learner (QuickDDIterative).
- Gaussian processes, RegressionByDiscretization and ClassificationViaRegression have moved back into the core distribution from packages.
- ComplementNaiveBayes has moved out of the core distribution into a package called "complementNaiveBayes."
- Id3, IB1 and Prism have moved out of the core distribution into a package called "simpleEducationalLearningSchemes."