Add value fields changing sequence
This step simply adds a sequence value which resets each time a value changes in the list of specified fields.
In the following example you can see the effect of having the sequence being reset to 1 every time the value in the "group" field changes.
The data typically arrives in an ordered fashion although that is not a requirement as long as identical values are grouped together in the data stream it will work fine.
Here are the options for the step:
- Step name : the name of the step, needs to be unique in a transformation
- Result field: the name of the output field, the sequence
- Start at value: the number to start at each time
- Increment by: the value to increase at each row in the same group
- Init sequence if value of following fields change: you can specify a list of fields here. If a value in one or more of these fields changes compared to the previous rows, the sequence will be reset to the start value.
See the following example(s):