This page contains information regarding the Pentaho Data Integration Marketplace (available since PDI 5.0 GA)
Here is a demo from the initial version:
Selecting plug-ins to load from the Marketplace
Within Spoon 5.0, select Help / Marketplace and chose the plug-in to install.
Load missing plug-ins from the Marketplace
There is also an advanced functionality for loading missing plug-ins from the marketplace. In case you created a transformation with plug-ins from the marketplace and want to distribute it without the plug-ins: When you load a job or transformation with missing plug-ins within Spoon, the user gets informed of the missing plug-in ids and gets redirected to the marketplace. So he can optionally download and install the missing plug-in.
How to submit your own plug-in to the Pentaho Marketplace?
- Create a version.xml file (see README.md on the pentaho/marketplace) and put the version.xml file into the root folder of your plug-in
- Create a zip file with all your plug-in files included in a single root sub-folder that is named after the ID of the plug-in.
- If your market entry contains various plug-ins, give the folder a unique name (see the other entries in the market to make sure). To make sure it is unique, you can use a combination starting with your domain name.
- Put the zip file in a public place on the Internet (Pentaho is working on supplying an upload location)
Register your plug-in to the Marketplace
- Step 1: Clone the GitHub repository: https://github.com/pentaho/marketplace-metadata.git
- Step 2: Update the marketplace.xml file with your market-entry
- Step 3: Submit a pull request to have your plug-in reviewed for inclusion in the marketplace\
- More details can be found in the README.md file on the pentaho/marketplace
You can create a file called
Here KETTLE_HOME can point at a Kettle installation, or the current user's home folder. The marketplaces.xml file can contain an alternative set of marketplaces to use. An example of such a file is located here: https://gist.github.com/mattyb149/8bbe4b670c6dfb108a2b
Developer Information: Marketplace Plug-in
The source code for the plug-in can be found in the Kettle project at https://github.com/pentaho/pentaho-kettle/tree/master/plugins/market. The plug-in is a "Kettle Core Plug-in". The plugins/readme.txt file describes the architecture in more detail.
Please note that the source code for the "Market" plug-in does not have it's "src" and "test" folders specified as "source folders" in the Eclipse .project file. If you wish to run Kettle and the plug-in in Eclipse you will have to specify the folders as source and have Eclipse build the project. The readme file will have more information regarding running in Eclipse.