Pentaho Bursting is a feature of the Pentaho Reporting Server and the Pentaho BI Platform. As you can see from the sections above there are many components required to build a successful Report Bursting system such as:
- Triggers: Business rules, events, integration points
- Workflow: Ability to customize logic
- Services and messaging: clustering / scalability
- Business Intelligence components: reporting, rules engines, email, print, workflow integration etc
- System Control: SNMP / JMX integration
- Auditing: Reporting and analysis of what has been generated and delivered
The Pentaho BI Platform contains all of these components in a scalable, customizable, embeddable system that is available as an Open Source product.
For a more detailed description of the Pentaho architecture, a white paper is freely available at: Pentaho's SourceForge.net download page.