Follow the instructions below to create your schema:
- Download Schema Workbench and unzip the Schema Workbench
- Create a "drivers" folder in the location where you extracted the files: C:\Pentaho\Install\workbench-22.214.171.12447\drivers
- Copy your JDBC driver to that folder. For example for Oracle 10g, the latest ojdbc14.jar file (found from Oracle's Web site) to that location were copied.
- Follow the schema_workbench.pdf documentation; it can be found in the "doc" sub-directory: C:\Pentaho\Install\workbench-126.96.36.19947\doc.
- The best way to learn how to create a simple schema using the Schema Workbench is to open an existing *.mondrian.xml file provided with the Pentaho Open BI Server, such as the one found in the ..\pentaho-solutions\samples\analysis directory in the solution repository.
Note: The sample *.mondrian.xml files require you to place the Hypersonic or MySQL JDBC driver in the "drivers" directory and set up the appropriate connection URL and CLASS in Tools > Preferences section prior to opening them.
- Use the Mondrian Technical Guide documentation as a reference to understand what the Mondrian structures are. When developing using the GUI you can add additional elements that the Schema Workbench might not expose in the GUI.