Note: More extensive and up to date information about plug-in development can be found within the documentation Extend Pentaho Data Integration.in the PDI SDK in "Embedding and Extending PDI Functionality"
- For up to date information, make sure to check the developer mailing list.
- Get the source code here.
- Please read the Development Guidelines.
- For information how to debug the Plug-In, read How to debug a Kettle 4 plugin.
Basics for Plug-In development (until 2.5.x)
- StepMetaInterface: it defines the metadata and takes care of XML representation, saving loading from/to repository, checks, etc.
- StepInterface: makes the step execute: inherit from BaseStep to make your life easier.
- StepDataInterface: holds open cursors, resultsets, files, etc.
- StepDialogInterface: GUI/dialog code to edit the meta-data
Don't get too creative when naming these classes. Spoon expects the metadata class name to end in "Meta" and the dialog class name to end in "Dialog", with the same prefix. So if your metadata object is called MyStepMeta, your dialog class will have to be called MyStepDialog. StepMetaInterface.getDialogClassName() is used only for finding the package, not the class name itself.