An experimental environment for executing a Kettle transformation as a Storm topology.
- Status: Early Development
- Roadmap: Pentaho is looking for a customer to do joint development.
- Availability: Open Source - GitHub - Download the latest from CI - Hortonworks 2.0 VM Quick Start
- Contact: dmoran or use "Add Comment" at bottom of page
- JIRA: Use the PDI JIRA project
Kettle for Storm empowers Pentaho ETL developers to process big data in real time using their existing visual Pentaho ETL transformations across a cluster of machines using Storm. It decomposes the transformation into a topology and wraps all steps in either a Storm Spout or a Bolt. The topology is then submitted to the cluster and runs continuously or until all inputs report end of data.
Closing the gap between batch and real time