- In the Design panel, select a field to which you want to associate a formula.
- Click Report Functions in the upper right panel.
- Click Add Function to Report in the Properties panel.
- Select the newly created function.
- In the Properties panel, click Set Properties to open the Formula Editor.
- In the Formula Editor dialog box, select a Category from the list. The Function list is populated with the functions that are most appropriate for the category you selected.
- Select the appropriate function. When you select and double-click a function, the Report Editor displays the formula expression (the equation and relevant parameters); it also displays the Return Type and Description as shown in the example below: