These are prototype features and APIs that I want get feedback on so that they can bake with community involvement.
This release contains:
- Metadata Services: Another iteration of metadata services. A prototype to show how to use metadata models on the client side to allow users to query data.
- Repository Service: Services for thin clients to allow AJAX widgets/visualizations to save/load their state in the repository.
- Samples: Samples to show
- Client-side integration with the User Console
- Client side metadata model usage
- Ad-hoc report sample using the metadata models
This release is designed to work with V3.6 and V3.7 of the BI Server. All these features are delivered with plugins.
I am providing these features to gather feedback on their usefulness, completeness, design, usability etc. I have only made brief efforts to knock off the ugliness that typically affects prototype features.
The zip file contains a PDF with more documentation.
I will work to get the source code available.
Sorry for the CAPS but THESE FEATURES AND APIS ARE PROTOTYPES/ALPHA CODE
The server side source and plug-in files are here: svn://source.pentaho.org/svnroot/pentaho-sandbox/pentaho-jimmy-labs-r1
The build.xml does not package the plug-ins yet. I've been running the 'jar' task and manually creating the plug-in folders.
Support and Other Gnarly Topics
I don’t believe that using any of these features will result in catastrophic system failure or data loss. Backing-up is a good idea. Don’t come crying to me if you didn’t.
Do not call Pentaho support with any questions or issues about these features.
These features are not localized.
CDA & PAT etc
As regards the data-related community projects like CDA and PAT:
It would be nice to have a consistent API for metadata and queries for OLAP and relational sources. I'd also like an abstraction so that CDF components can deal with a single API for data.
I'll update this page once the source code is available.
Anyway, feedback welcome.