News and Information
- Pentaho offering free training at Strata Conference - For information
- Pentaho Big Data components are now open source - In order to play well within the Hadoop open source ecosystem and make Kettle be the best and most pervasive ETL engine in the Big Data space, Pentaho has put all of the Hadoop and NoSQL components into open source starting with the 4.3 release.
- Kettle license moves to Apache - To further Kettle adoption within the Hadoop community, Pentaho had decided to move the Kettle open source license from LGPL to the more permissive Apache license. This will remove the issue of what restrictions are applied to a derivative work based on combining Kettle with Hadoop.
- 4.3 Pre-Release of Kettle with the new Big Data components is now available available for download:
- First set of Big Data How-To's Published - Check out the How-To's for Hadoop, MapR, Cassandra and MongoDB here.