Sample Blend template for MongoDB
NOTE: this sample blend does not include the Web-based Marketing data stored in MongoDB. Therefore, you will be able to open the transformation and update the MongoDB connection information with your own MongoDB collections. The sample customer usage data has been provided in the form of an Excel file so you can better understand how the pieces fit together.
You will also need the sample Customer Support Usage data spreadsheet available here. Save it to your data folder.
MongoDB Blend sample template to your copy of Pentaho Data Integration
Now that there is data in the right place, all you need to do is open the template and point to the data file.
- Get the Template: Click here to download the template and save it to your PDI folder. Open PDI and open the GoogleAnalyticsBrowserBlend MongoDB_Blend that you just downloaded. Double click on each of the Customer Service MongoDB Input step steps and link to the data file you downloaded, then close the step. Open the Google Analytics Input step and enter you're username, password and token, and select the website you enter the name of the marketing collections in MongoDB you want to analyze. Close the step and save the transformation.
Follow the directions to configure the Thin Kettle JDBC driver: http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/EAI/Configuration+of+the+Thin+Kettle+JDBC+driver
Try the sample
- Start: Start up Pentaho Business Analytics and open the "GoogleAnalyticsBrowserBlend.ktr" template.
- From the GoogleAnalyticsBrowserBlend transformation:
- Click: "Google Analytics Input" step
- Enter a Google email, password and API key tied to your Google Analytics account as described above.
- Press the "Get Profiles" button to fill the drop down list with your web site information
- Select the website to profile from the "Get tableId from profile" dropdown
- Enter a start and end date
- You should use the "Preview" button on the bottom of the dialog to ensure your selections are correct.
- Press "OK" when done
- Open a browser and open the Pentaho User Console.
- Select Manage Data Sources
- Create a JDBC Driver (click the + and select JDBC)
Click to enlarge image.
- Create a data source using the data service from the GoogleAnalyticsBrowserBlend MongoDB_Blend transformation.
Click to enlarge image.
- Create a new Analyzer view and begin to analyze the blended Google MongoDB and Customer Service Usage data.