|03/10/2008 - CDF video demonstration here|
2009-07-21 - CDF 3.2 released
2009-07-20 - CDF Samples and Tutorial available Here
This project is the next step towards a developer friendly dashboard technology for the Pentaho BI Suite. The first step was a dashboard framework which was introduced by Ingo Klose in this article. Ingo's Article
The objective of this framework was mainly to firmly integrate dashboards in Pentaho's solution repository structure. The advantages were:
- No need to create additional JSP pages to deliver new dashboards
- Add dashboards by adding folders and files to the solution repository
- The ability to auto generate a navigation bar that
- Picks up new dashboards
- Enforces security via Pentaho's security model
The new community dashboard project, initiated by Pedro Alves and Ingo Klose, builds on Ingo's framework and adds some new features while keeping a backward compatibility to the initial framework. The first version of Among others this project will add adds the following features:
- Dashboard creation with no or very limited java script programming needed
- Components - Definition of dashboard objects and variables in a simplified syntax
- Auto loading of dashboard objects on load of the dashboard
- Auto refresh of dashboard objects after variable values have changed, if a object is bound to the variable
- Auto generation of form objects such as textboxes and date pickers
- Separation of the html design and component definition
- OpenStreetMaps integration
- Portlet integration
You can find a video presentation of CDF here
You can get samples and tutorials with step-by-step tutorials Here
Please feel free to contact us if you have any ideas or want to participate and contribute to this community project.
We opened a project on Google Code for the Community Dashboard Framework called pentaho-cdf.
Please enter all bugs and feature requests in the issues list.
You can get the code via download it in subversion now.