Parallel Coordinates">Parallel Coordinates
Health Statistics by Country
Parallel Coordinate charts are a popular method for visualizing high-dimensional data. This visualization provides the ability to analyze multiple attributes across many measures, then interactively filter data across all measures simultaneously.
Get Started">Get Started
Step 1: Download the plugin
Step 2: Follow the simple instructions for adding the plugin to your existing Pentaho BA Server
Step 3: Get Creative - explore your data, build cool stuff, amaze your friends and co-workers!
Working With Parallel Coordinates Charts">Working With Parallel Coordinates Charts
- Drag one into the "Items" shelf of the layout panel to define which members you wish to plot.
- Drag two or more measures into the measure shelf.
- Click and drag on any of the measure axis to highlight a range of members which can then be used to either highlight members within that range or apply a filter using the fly-out filtering bar (Keep Only|Exclude|Clear Selections)
- You can also drag an already defined filter range up and down on the measure access to highlight different members.
Tell Us What You Think">Tell Us What You Think
We're having lots of fun experimenting experimenting with various emerging visualization technologies and we would love to get your feedback. Here are a couple of ways you can share:
- Update the Parallel Coordinates enhancement ticket
- Post feedback about additional ideas for improvements
- Get out and vote! All of the visualizations we are sharing are prototypes which we can consider for inclusion in future GA releases of the Pentaho suite. Voting for an enhancement is a great way to influence the priority in which we 'product-ize' these visualizations
- Tweet about it - got feedback or a cool example you've created and want to share? Tweet your comments or screenshots to #12DaysOfViz
Known Limitations">Known Limitations