Welcome to the Big Data space in the Pentaho Community wiki. This space is the community home and collection point for all things Big Data and NoSQL within the Pentaho ecosystem. It is the place to find documentation, how-to's, best practices, use-cases and other information about employing Pentaho technology as part of your overall Big Data Strategy. It is also where you can share your own information and experiences. We look forward to your participation and contribution!
Pentaho's Big Data story revolves around Pentaho Data Integration AKA Kettle. Kettle is a powerful Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) engine that uses a metadata-driven approach. The kettle engine provides data services for, and is embedded in, most of the applications within the Pentaho BI suite from Spoon, the Kettle designer, to the Pentaho report Designer. Check out About Kettle and Big Data for more details of the Pentaho Big Data Story.
News and Information
- Kettle running on Storm Pentaho Labs update -
- Realtime debugging Kettle transforms running in Hadoop Pentaho Labs update -
- Update to Big Data Plugin Available for PDI 4.4 and BA Suite 4.8 - Lots of fixes and new distro support download
- 4.4 Stable of Kettle with the new Big Data components is now available available for download:
- First set of Big Data How-To's Published - Check out the How-To's for Hadoop, MapR, Cassandra and MongoDB here.
New and recently updated Big Data content on the What's New? page
It's easy to get started with Pentaho for Big Data.