Correct Data Quality
Follow these instructions to correct the data quality issue.
- Select the Data Integration option in the Perspective dropdown of the main toolbar.
- Right-click the Write to Database step from the flow and choose Detach step. Both hops are detached.
- Expand the Transform folder in the Design tab and add a Value Mapper step to the transformation.
- Draw a hop from the Filter Missing Zips step to the Value Mapper step and select Result is TRUE.
- Draw a hop from the Prepare Field Layout step to the Value Mapper step. When prompted to select the output type, select Main Output of Step.
- Draw a hop from the Value Mapper step to the Write to Database step.
- Double-click the Value Mapper step to open its edit step properties dialog box.
- In the Fieldname to use field, select COUNTRY.
- In the first row of the Field Values table, type United States as the Source value and USA as the Target value. Click OK to exit the dialog box.
- Save and run the transformation.
- Select Visualize in the Perspective dropdown of the main toolbar.
- Select the More actions and options button, then select Administration > Clear Cache. When a note indicating that the Analyzer and Mondrian caches have been cleared, click OK.
- From the Spoon main menu, select View > Show Visualization Properties.
- Click Refresh under the Data section of the Visualization Properties panel and notice that the data has been cleansed.