Pentaho Analysis consists of the BI Server and the following client tools and add-ons:
The BI Server can be built as a standalone WAR that can be deployed to an existing server, but it is typically bundled by Pentaho with the above-listed tools, plus the Apache Tomcat application server version 5.5, and the MySQL relational database version 5.0. This forms a self-contained, Web-based framework for managing and creating business intelligence solutions.
Pentaho Analysis offers the following functionality:
- The Pentaho User Console Web interface, which enables easy management of reports and analysis views.
- A real-time analysis view interface that allows you to drill down into properly prepared data.
- A complex scheduling subsystem that enables users to set analysis views to execute at given intervals.
- The ability to email a published analysis view to other users.
- The ability to create complex analysis schemas.
- The ability to improve ROLAP cube performance with Aggregation Designer.
What's new in 3.0.4
- Support for Teradata 12.0 (including Grouping Sets)
- Improvements to calculated member solve order
- Drill through support for calculated members
- Bug fixes