You can download a CI version of Agile BI here:
Download the pdi-ce-agile-bi.zip file, which includes the Kettle Agile BI branch as well as the Agile BI plugin.
First, get Kettle. This is located here:
Check this out with SVN and build it by running ant zip
A zip file pdi-ce-VERSION.zip will appear in the kettle root folder.
Now that you have Kettle checked out, you'll need to check out the Agile BI plugin for Kettle. You can check this out from SVN here:
To build the plugin distribution, you first need to configure a couple of ant properties. Create an override.properties file in the root of the agile-bi project. Add the following properties with the correct locations of the directories specified:
Folder location of the platform assembly zip file. Default is ".".
Folder location of the kettle spoon zip file. Default is "../Kettle".
Folder location of the analyzer agile bi zip file. It can be downloaded from here from Artifactory: http://repository.pentaho.org/artifactory/pentaho/pentaho/paz-agilebi-plugin/TRUNK-SNAPSHOT/paz-agilebi-plugin-TRUNK-SNAPSHOT.zip.
Folder location of the geo agil-bi zip file.
Folder location of the Report Designer assembly prd-ce-*.zip.
Now, type ant dist to build the kettle agile-bi plugin distribution. You may install this in the kettle distribution under the plugins/spoon folder. After that has been created, you can type ant kettle-w-plugin-dist to build the combined kettle and agile-bi distribution.
1. Run the "zip" ant target on the Kettle project.
2. Download the latest BISERVER CE jar (biserver-ce-TRUNK-SNAPSHOT-*.zip) from hudson and put it at the root of the Agile BI project. http://ci.pentaho.com/view/Platform/job/BISERVER-CE/
3. On Agile BI point the "platform.dist.dir" variable in override.properties to the folder where bizerver-ce.zip is.
4. Download "paz-agilebi-plugin-TRUNK-SNAPSHOT.zip" from http://ci.pentaho.com/view/Platform%20Plugins/job/pentaho-analyzer/ (need to be logged on to to http://ci.pentaho.com)
5. Copy "paz-agilebi-plugin-TRUNK-SNAPSHOT.zip" to the root of the Agile BI project.
6. On Agile BI point the "analyzer.dist.dir" variable in the override.properties to the folder where "paz-agilebi-plugin-TRUNK-SNAPSHOT.zip" lives.
7 Run the "dist" ant target on the Agile BI project.
8. On Agile BI point the "kettle.dist.dir" variable in override.properties to the kettle project location.
9. Run "kettle-w-plugin-dist" ant target on the Agile BI project.
10. Make sure you have report-designer-assembly project in your eclipse workspace as a sibling project to agile-bi and kettle (can get from https://github.com/pentaho/pentaho-reporting).
11. Download the ee-license jar (pentaho-ee-dsc-core-*.jar) and put it on the Agile BI project classpath.
12. Make the following modifications to the SpoonLauncher.launch
-Set working directory to workspace_loc:agile-bi/bin/kettle-dist
-Set the Main class to org.pentaho.agilebi.debug.SpoonLauncher
-Add Kettle project to Classpath (remove any invalid references to kettle 3.2)
-Add VM arguments:
13. Add the "res" class folder to the Agile BI project classpath.
14. Add the Kettle project to the Agile BI required projects on the build path.
15. Move the Kettle project above ivy.xml at the Agile BI order and export classpath.
16. Add the correct swt.jar file on the Kettle classpath.
Follow steps 1-11 above then:
12. Create a new Application Run/Debug Configuration
- Set the Main class to org.pentaho.agilebi.debug.SpoonLauncher
- Set the Working Directory to $MODULE_DIR$/bin/kettle-dist
- Use classpath of module agile-bi.
- Set the VM options to -DKETTLE_PLUGIN_CLASSES=org.pentaho.agilebi.pdi.spoon.AgileBISpoonPlugin,org.pentaho.agilebi.pdi.spoon.AgileBiSpoonVisualizationPlugin,org.pentaho.di.core.lifecycle.pdi.AgileBILifecycleListener
12a. if on OSX, also add this setting to the VM arguments -XstartOnFirstThread
13. Add Kettle as Module dependency of agile-bi module
14. Add jar folder dependencies for lib (Compile) and test-lib (Test) folders (ant resolve target will create & fill these folders with required jars)
15. Add res and test-res folders as a Runtime dependencies
16. Add OS-specific swt.jar file as a Compile dependency