A funnel chart is similar to a stacked percent bar chart often used to represent stages in a sales process and show the amount of potential revenue for each stage.
Step 1: Download the plugin
Step 2: Follow the simple instructions for adding the plugin to your existing Pentaho BA Server
Step 3: Get Creative - explore your data, build cool stuff, amaze your friends and co-workers!
These visualizations are provided for demonstration purposes ONLY. They are provided with no warranty or commitments regarding the quality of the sample and/or platform support. Many of the underlying charting libraries used in these samples only work on a subset of browsers that are part of Pentaho's official support matrix.
Working With Funnel Charts
- Drag one or more attributes into the "Data Points" shelf of the layout panel to define which members you wish to plot.
- Drag one or more into the measures onto the 'Measures" shelf.
- If you select a single Data Point with multiple measures, then the width of the funnel slice will represent the value (at the top) and the height of each slice will be the same
- If you select multiple data points, the total area of each slice will represent the value for that slice. When selecting multiple data points, if you also select multiple measures, only the first measure will be charted.
Tell Us What You Think
We're having lots of fun experimenting with various emerging visualization technologies and we would love to get your feedback. Here are a couple of ways you can share:
- Update the Funnel enhancement ticket
- Post feedback about additional ideas for improvements
- Get out and vote! All of the visualizations we are sharing are prototypes which we can consider for inclusion in future GA releases of the Pentaho suite. Voting for an enhancement is a great way to influence the priority in which we 'product-ize' these visualizations
- Tweet about it - got feedback or a cool example you've created and want to share? Tweet your comments or screenshots to #12DaysOfViz